httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: I WANT A GA release
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 18:29:46 GMT
"Ryan Bloom" <rbb@covalent.net> writes:

> I think 2.0.34 is good enough for a GA release.  There are two major
> bugs that must be fixed.
>
> 1)  error pages have wrong content-type.  Wrowe is working on a fix.
>
> 2)  autoindex problems.  I have fixed the showstopper on my system with
> a one-line patch.  I just need to fix the HEADER/README ordering
> problem.  Expect a commit within the hour to fix autoindex completely.
>
> What else would we need to do to get a GA out of 2.0.34???????

I'd +1 a GA of current code once

1) HEAD is retagged as 2.0.35

and

2) it lasts at least four hours on apache.org without showing new
   (w.r.t. 2.0.32) brokenness or coredumps or anybody's beeper going
   off because it loops

and

3) folks give it a reasonable test on a variety of platforms (like we
   would do a beta); I'm sure we could get Linux, FreeBSD (apache.org),
   Win32, Solaris, AIX, OS/390, and Mac OS X covered in half a day

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...