httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Bumping tags
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:32:41 GMT
Thom May <thom@planetarytramp.net> writes:

> * Jeff Trawick (trawick@attglobal.net) wrote :
> > I hope to finish testing and commit a change to apxs.in (patch posted
> > Friday) to finish up a set of fixes to allow apxs to work from a
> > binary build.  It would be nice if that works in the next release.
> > I may not be done until 1600GMT.
> >
> Could you possibly have a look at the patch that Pier and I sent to the list
> a few times for apxs? I think it ought to fix most of what you are looking
> at...

I think I see what you meant by your suggestion that the patch would
fix what I was looking at...  I'm playing with the one Pier posted
(April 27), but it doesn't seem to have a fix to make "httpd -l" work
with a binary distribution install.  I see an earlier patch you posted
(April 9) that set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but LD_LIBRARY_PATH isn't portable
(the envvars file owns that problem, so it is best to source the
envvars file).  Also, I don't see the need to set the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH-type variable unless it is a binbuild.  Did you
encounter another situation where it is needed?

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...