httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Segfaults restarting on Linux with worker MPM
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:17:39 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkrantz@apache.org> writes:

> While hunting down some PRs, I find that I keep segfaulting with
> worker MPM on Linux 2.4 when I restart (sending it a SIGHUP).

See my post "watch out for new breakage" from last week.  Almost
immediately after a commit last week, I started getting segfaults
consistently on AIX during a regression test run.  I mentioned one
backtrace in that post.  A rarer backtrace is where an internal free()
routine segfaults (perhaps similar to your backtrace, where some heap
structures are bogus, probably due to a bad free()?).

I haven't had a chance to debug.  The regression test does initiate a
graceful restart right before most requests.

> (gdb) where
> #0  __pthread_mutex_lock (mutex=0x410) at mutex.c:99
> #1  0x40314098 in free () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #2  0x40045595 in apr_allocator_destroy (allocator=0x81d1210)
>     at apr_pools.c:135
> #3  0x40018a55 in apr_bucket_alloc_destroy (list=0x81d1288)
>     at apr_buckets_alloc.c:114
> #4  0x080b0177 in worker_thread (thd=0x8143270, dummy=0x819c398)
>     at worker.c:877
> #5  0x4003f770 in dummy_worker (opaque=0x8143270) at thread.c:127
> #6  0x402880ae in pthread_start_thread (arg=0xbc3ffc00) at manager.c:291
>
> Can anyone else reproduce this?  This is an SMP box, so maybe there
> is a race condition on shutdown?  -- justin

I'm seeing it on a 1-way box and a 4-way box.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...