httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: mod_ext_filter
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:13:59 GMT
"Igor Leturia" <IGOR@emun.com> writes:

>   First of all, I must apologize as I am not exactly an Apache
> developper, though I would like to help in some way. I am writing to
> this list just to point out an error in Apache 2.0.35. The problem is
> that the Windows distribution of Apache 2.0.35 doesn't include the
> mod_ext_filter.so file, although the docs say that the module exists in
> that version.

FYI...  binary distributions don't contain experimental modules, and
for good reason...  experimental modules typically require more skill
on the part of the user in order to make effective use of them...  if
they are prebuilt for the masses, more hand-holding will be
required...  by the same token, somebody who has gone to the trouble
to build Apache themselves has a greater understanding of how the
pieces fit together and can solve some of the problems they encounter
(such as the fact that there is no project file for mod_ext_filter)

this is not to say that you won't get 3 copies of mod_ext_filter in
your inbox, most of which won't contain viruses; I have no idea if
anybody has ever built this for Windows, much less if somebody has a
copy handy which corresponds to Apache 2.0.35

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...