httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject an old Darwin issue... what is the solution?
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:07:35 GMT
I was testing the patch you mentioned and ran into an old problem...
I see myself and Pier asking about this very problem last year
(August) but I can't find the solution anywhere.

If I start httpd via the libtool shell script (./httpd from httpd-2.0
directory) it starts fine.  If I start httpd via apachectl it fails
with this error message:

[localhost:~/apache/httpd-2.0] trawick%
/Users/trawick/apacheinst/bin/apachectl start
dyld: /Users/trawick/apacheinst/bin/httpd can't open library: .libs/libaprutil.dylib  (No
such file or directory, errno = 2)
/Users/trawick/apacheinst/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Any clues?  glibtoolize is in PATH and the easy patch for glibtool
seems to be in the right place:

[localhost:~/apache/httpd-2.0] trawick% diff
/usr/share/libtool/ltconfig.bak /usr/share/libtool/ltconfig
1375c1375,1376
<     allow_undefined_flag='-undefined warning'
---
> # hack on next line is from Sander Temme
>     allow_undefined_flag='-undefined suppress -flat_namespace'

I have 10.1.3 and the December developer tools package.

Thanks for any hints (I'll doc this for our users as well).
--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...