httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/worker worker.c
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:14:47 GMT
Aaron Bannert <aaron@clove.org> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 03:45:27PM -0000, trawick@apache.org wrote:
> > trawick     02/04/17 08:45:27
> >
> >   Modified:    server/mpm/worker worker.c
> >   Log:
> >   use an independent pool for threads so that when we abandon them
> >   during graceless termination the cleanups on pchild won't mess with
> >   stuff they are still referencing
>
> Aren't global pools still cleaned up on exit? If the threads are still
> running we'll still have the same problem. The only way I see to fix this
> is to make sure that all threads have terminated before cleaning up
> the pool.

I don't see that they're getting cleaned up on exit.

As far as making sure all threads have terminated before cleaning up
the pool:  How do we do that in a graceless shutdown?  If we hang
around much longer, the parent is going to kill us and we won't be
able to run cleanups anyway.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...