httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: where to describe critical OS-specific requirements
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 02:34:02 GMT
Jeff Trawick <trawick@attglobal.net> writes:

> Could we have a README.1st or something on /dist/httpd that describes
> critical issues for certain OSs?
>
> Is there already an appropriate file for this type of info?

After reading your responses (thanks!) I added README.html in the
patch directory for 2.0.35 and I pointed to it from
/dist/httpd/HEADER.html.

Any Mac OS X folks watching now?  Don't we need something like this in
/dist/httpd/patches/apply_to_2.0.35/README.html?

    * OS X
         1. up-to-date libtool needed

            Install libtool 1.4.2 separately. Once the Apache source
            distribution has been  unpacked, run ./buildconf before ./configure.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...