httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: an old Darwin issue... what is the solution?
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 19:09:08 GMT
Pier Fumagalli <pier@betaversion.org> writes:

> "Jeff Trawick" <trawick@attglobal.net> wrote:

> > Pier's solution results in a cleaner build (a bunch of bogus
> > basename invocations went away).  Neither version of libtool gets the
> > library path into httpd for some reason (Darwin limitation?).
>
> ???? That's odd... With my most recent build:

I was apparently misinterpreting a symptom :)  My
understanding/experience was that I had to set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to
get the libraries found from the non-default location.  I figured that
was because the executable din't have the right search path built in.
But if the path is in httpd as you show, that shouldn't be the case.
I'll try again when I get a moment.

> > *other than wasting a fair amount of time because APR configure bombs
> > when I use --enable-mods-shared="foo1 foo2 foo3 foo4"
> >
> > Perhaps the logic to build the command-line for the APR sub-configure
> > is busted on Darwin...  more research required :(
>
> Hmm... Can you give me some more info? What's wrong with it?

Here's an example symptom:

------------cut here------------
trawick@localhost:~/apache/httpd-2.0% rm *cache
trawick@localhost:~/apache/httpd-2.0% ./configure --prefix=/tmp/gobble --enable-mods-shared="autoindex
dir"
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for chosen layout... Apache
checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin5.3
checking target system type... powerpc-apple-darwin5.3
checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin5.3

Configuring Apache Portable Runtime library ...
updating cache ./config.cache
configuring package in srclib/apr now
checking host system type... Invalid configuration `dir': machine
`dir' not recognized

checking target system type... Invalid configuration `dir': machine
`dir' not recognized

checking build system type... Invalid configuration `dir': machine
`dir' not recognized

Configuring APR library

Thanks!
--