httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: Segfaults restarting on Linux with worker MPM
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:25:30 GMT
Cliff Woolley <jwoolley@virginia.edu> writes:

> On 15 Apr 2002, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
> > But if I make a change to worker to get rid of the
> > apr_bucket_alloc_destroy() I can't reproduce the problem.
> >
> > What is happening is that the thread's pool is getting cleaned up
> > before the thread goes away (baaaad) since the thread pool is a
> > subpool of pchild and pchild can go away before the thread with a
> > graceful restart.
>
> Wow, that's funky.  Sheesh.

Actually the code doesn't bear that out for a graceful restart
(sequence of cleaning up pchild vs. thread)...  It is a non-graceful
restart where child_main() exits without caring what the threads are
doing.  Back to the drawing board (this time with a debugger).

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...