httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: where to describe critical OS-specific requirements
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 01:57:12 GMT
On 8 Apr 2002, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Could we have a README.1st or something on /dist/httpd that describes
> critical issues for certain OSs?

Sure.  You might want to put a link to it in that newly added section of
HEADER.html right under where it says "Apache 2.0.35 is the best available
version, download THIS or THIS or THIS."

> Is there already an appropriate file for this type of info?

Not that I know of.  There's the patches directory but it doesn't have any
descriptive info in it.  I'd say stick your README file in that same
patches/apply_to_2.0.35 directory.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com