httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sung Kim <hun...@soe.ucsc.edu>
Subject Re: [dav-dev] unable to create scoreboard error?
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 04:19:26 GMT
On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Aaron Bannert wrote:

> Can you tell us what your ScoreBoardFile directive is set to, and what
> the file permissions of that file are (if it exists) and of the parent
> directory?
I think this is a quite default. Here we are:

#
# ScoreBoardFile: File used to store internal server process information.
# Not all architectures require this.  But if yours does (you'll know because
# this file will be  created when you run Apache) then you *must* ensure that
# no two invocations of Apache share the same scoreboard file.
#
<IfModule !mpm_winnt.c>
<IfModule !perchild.c>
ScoreBoardFile logs/apache_runtime_status
</IfModule>
</IfModule>

> Also, what platform are you using?
Linux ocean 2.4.9-21 #1 Thu Jan 17 14:09:42 EST 2002 i686 unknown

> Unless you have a third-party app that needs direct access to the
> scoreboard file, you should be able to remove the ScoreBoardFile directive
> from your config.

How can I remove the score file?

I think the problem is that I updated one of the shared module object while apache is running.
After this, apache wouldn't run any more.

But if I reboot the computer, apache works file, again.

> -aaron
>

> On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 02:55:38PM -0800, Greg Stein wrote:
> > That is a problem in the Apache server itself. There has been a lot of
> > change to the scoreboard stuff over the past week or so. I would guess that
> > you're running into a bug related to that work.
> >
> > I've CC'd the httpd developers' list.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > -g
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 10:33:42PM -0800, Sung Kim wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm working on making shared module in apache 2.0.
> > >
> > > I've got this error:
> > >
> > > [Wed Apr 03 22:31:21 2002] [crit] (17)File exists: unable to create scoreboard
(name-based shared memory failure)

> > > How can I solve this problem?
> > >
> > > ocean 428> ./httpd -v
> > > Server version: Apache/2.0.35-dev