httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: fix t/ssl/http.t
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 16:33:21 GMT
On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> It is perfectly possible for a filter to remove itself.  In fact, the
> byterange filter relies on that ability to work correctly.  While I
> would be interested to know what happened to make that case fail, if the
> patch below works, then +1.

i was thinking of this comment from justin:
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 01:42:27 -0800
From: Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkrantz@ebuilt.com>
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: httpd-test + cvs head

However, mod_ssl is bogus.  The ssl/http.t test is interesting
since it causes mod_ssl to remove itself via
ap_remove_output_filter() (mod_ssl.c:358).  Since mod_ssl is a
connection filter, our new strategy is that it can never be
removed.  Ooops.  Since it doesn't have access to the request_rec,
it can't destroy its predecessor's reference to itself.  Perhaps
this means we *do* need the ->prev.

is this still true?  (note: mod_ssl.c:358 is now 421)