httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Release 2.0.36
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:06:22 GMT

Yes.  Now the questions are:

- Do we want to hold up a release for this?  If so, for how long?

- Is a graceless shutdown/restart at all possible with worker?
  [given the current APR thread API]

  Options I see for solving the problem are:

  - don't do graceless shutdown/restart, only do graceful.  (not acceptable)
  - implement apr_thread_cancel and call this on all threads prior to cleaning
    pchild.
  - allocate the sockets out of a special pool so we can clean up the sockets
    (using apr_pool_clear(psock)), sleep for 1 sec (should be enough for all
    threads to notice the sockets are gone).  After that clean pchild as usual.

Sander