httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: an old Darwin issue... what is the solution?
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 21:13:38 GMT
"Chuck Murcko" <chuck@topsail.org> wrote:

> On Thursday, April 11, 2002, at 02:41 PM, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>> "Jeff Trawick" <trawick@attglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> The only thing I complain about now is versioning (done by libtool,
>> it's all
>> so screwed)...
>>
>>> *other than wasting a fair amount of time because APR configure bombs
>>> when I use --enable-mods-shared="foo1 foo2 foo3 foo4"
>>>
>>> Perhaps the logic to build the command-line for the APR sub-configure
>>> is busted on Darwin...  more research required :(
>>
>> Hmm... Can you give me some more info? What's wrong with it?
>>

> Pier do you also exclude the pcre lib from the build? This is also
> required on 1.3 (--disable-rule=WANTHSREGEX).

Nope...

Oddly enough now that you mention it, PCRE is built as a nonshared library
(ar archive, I suppose).... And it complains a little bit for a duplicate
definition of if when it links. Apparently at the end doesn't get compiled
in (otool -rv /usr/sbin/httpd2 doesn't contain any reference to the regexp
functions)...

Is that a problem? The baby runs fine :)

    Pier

--
I think that it's extremely foolish to name a server after the current U.S.
President.                                                 B.W. Fitzpatrick