httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: an old Darwin issue... what is the solution?
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:41:28 GMT
"Jeff Trawick" <trawick@attglobal.net> wrote:

> "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@apache.org> writes:
>
>> See also <http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/porting/libtool.php>
>
> Thanks for the link to fink.  It looks useful in general, beyond the
> libtool information.
>
> I didn't have any trouble* getting either Sander's or Pier's solution
> working once Sander told me about DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH :)
>
> Pier's solution results in a cleaner build (a bunch of bogus
> basename invocations went away).  Neither version of libtool gets the
> library path into httpd for some reason (Darwin limitation?).

???? That's odd... With my most recent build:

$ otool -L /Library/Services/Apache2/Binaries/httpd
/Library/Services/Apache2/Libraries/libapr.dylib
/Library/Services/Apache2/Binaries/httpd:
        /Library/Services/Apache2/Libraries/libaprutil.0.dylib
        /Library/Services/Apache2/Libraries/libapr.0.dylib
        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
        /usr/lib/libdb.3.3.11.dylib
        /Library/Services/Apache2/Libraries/libexpat.0.dylib
/Library/Services/Apache2/Libraries/libapr.dylib:
        /Library/Services/Apache2/Libraries/libapr.0.dylib
        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

It _is_ in HTTPD... (Or you're thinking about something else?)
The only thing I complain about now is versioning (done by libtool, it's all
so screwed)...

> *other than wasting a fair amount of time because APR configure bombs
> when I use --enable-mods-shared="foo1 foo2 foo3 foo4"
>
> Perhaps the logic to build the command-line for the APR sub-configure
> is busted on Darwin...  more research required :(

Hmm... Can you give me some more info? What's wrong with it?

    Pier

--
I think that it's extremely foolish to name a server after the current U.S.
President.                                                 B.W. Fitzpatrick