httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: an old Darwin issue... what is the solution?
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:29:06 GMT
"Jeff Trawick" <trawick@attglobal.net> wrote:

> I was testing the patch you mentioned and ran into an old problem...
> I see myself and Pier asking about this very problem last year
> (August) but I can't find the solution anywhere.
>
> If I start httpd via the libtool shell script (./httpd from httpd-2.0
> directory) it starts fine.  If I start httpd via apachectl it fails
> with this error message:
>
> [localhost:~/apache/httpd-2.0] trawick%
> /Users/trawick/apacheinst/bin/apachectl start
> dyld: /Users/trawick/apacheinst/bin/httpd can't open library:
> .libs/libaprutil.dylib  (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
> /Users/trawick/apacheinst/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
>
> Any clues?  glibtoolize is in PATH and the easy patch for glibtool
> seems to be in the right place:
>
> [localhost:~/apache/httpd-2.0] trawick% diff
> /usr/share/libtool/ltconfig.bak /usr/share/libtool/ltconfig
> 1375c1375,1376
> <     allow_undefined_flag='-undefined warning'
> ---
>> # hack on next line is from Sander Temme
>>     allow_undefined_flag='-undefined suppress -flat_namespace'
>
> I have 10.1.3 and the December developer tools package.
>
> Thanks for any hints (I'll doc this for our users as well).

That's a glibtool issue... You have to re-generate your buildconf using an
updated version of GNU libtool _NOT_ the one in the developers tools...

Download my copy at http://www.apache.org/~pier/macosx (both libtool 1.4.2
and autoconf 2.52), get in to your apache source tree, run ./buildconf,
re-run ./configure, re-make all and install...

# cd $(APACHE_2_SRC)
# make distclean
# ./buildconf
# ./configure.....