httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: FW: Windows XP Professional
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:17:00 GMT
Would love to have any help you have to offer (especially joining
current-testers and stable-testers, whom I email with fix tests
as often as I can remember to!)

But I believe the list has a policy on binaries from non-committers,
so far as the offer for binary builds, that would be problematic.

Jeff, if you want to offer any improvements to the installer, you can
check that ISWI package out from anonymous cvs.  That module
is named httpd-win32-msi and contains both the apache 1.3 and 2.0
packaging projects (.isv's).

There is definately room for improvement in the Windows installer, such
as detecting that the port is in use, etc.  There is a real_features project
in the httpd-win32-msi/src directory that contains all the necessary parsing
beyond the basic .msi features and what the awk scripts offer.  We used
awk over both VBscript and ISscript since our needs focused on text
rewriting of the .conf file.

My pipe dream is to extend awk to recognize the MSI variables directly
in their own hash, so we really have a cool rewriter that weighs in at
less than 150kb [rather than 1-2MB per 'scripted' language.]