httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/include ap_mmn.h
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:11:49 GMT
At 04:26 PM 4/17/2002, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>At 04:05 PM 4/17/2002, Greg Stein wrote:
>>Why is this change required?
>
>So we had to add the apr_progtype_e * so that it could be updated to reflect
>the new choice of interpreter.

Doug and I were just chatting about this.  Perhaps if we change the optional_fn
and registered hooks schema to accept the -entire- arglist in the declaration
and stringify it, we could break optional functions, registered hooks and other
'dynamic' function pointers away from the entire mmn schema.

This would mean that the arglist would be checked at registration time
(at startup - so the overhead is insignificant) and the hook/optional function
registration can return a new status, such as APR_EWRONGVERSION,
if they mismatch.

Thoughts?

Bill