httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/srclib/pcre config.guess config.sub
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 02:59:52 GMT
At 03:49 AM 4/16/2002, you wrote:
>jerenkrantz    02/04/16 01:49:03
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES
>                build    config.guess config.sub
>                xml/expat/conftools .cvsignore
>                srclib/pcre config.guess config.sub
>   Added:       xml/expat/conftools config.guess config.sub
>   Log:
>   Merge in latest GNU config.guess and config.sub files.  Synchronize all
>   config.guess/config.sub files to be identical.  Previously, we had three
>   different versions of the guess files - now they are the same.
>
>   I attempted to merge in ASF changes that were marked and still needed.
>   Please verify that these work on your platform.  (Particular attention
>   is required for the IBM platforms.)
>
>   Part of PR 7818 stems from the fact that the bundled expat did not have an
>   included config.guess/config.sub.  Therefore, it would take the
> config.guess
>   from the system.  Icarus's autoconf/libtool is very old (2.13/1.3.5).  The
>   machine that was used to roll 2.0.32 had a recent autoconf/libtool which
>   explains the behavior that Sander saw in the PR.  Therefore, we now
>   explicitly provide a config.guess/.sub for the bundled expat so that
>   all of the versions are in sync.  This should minimize configuration
>   problems.

You can trust that

cvs update: move away srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/conftools/config.guess; it
is in the way
C srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/conftools/config.guess
cvs update: move away srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/conftools/config.sub; it is
in the way
C srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/conftools/config.sub

came from CVS before, since Win32 never generates them.  Seems someone
is fooling around rm'ing ,v files from cvs again instead of letting cvs do
its job.

Bill