httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: I WANT A GA release
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 19:31:19 GMT
At 12:22 PM 4/5/2002, you wrote:
>I'm still seeing a problem with apr_tokenize_to_argv() that causes the
>parser to run off the end string.  I know this causes a fault on
>NetWare, but since I don't understand this code completely and the
>comments about allowing for a NULL argument are confusing, I was hoping
>someone would confirm or deny the problem.
>
>    It appears that apr_tokenize_to_argv() is running off the end of
>the string in the following while loop:

Brad,

   I believe you are correct.  Since win32 does tend to double-null terminate,
and we often have NULLed memory handy, this hasn't proven to be a problem.

   But I'd like to see good code as well as you... please feel free to fix.

   IIRC, we actually overallocate one of our apr_pstr fns for optimization
(to allow a single trailing character to be 'tacked on'.)  I imagine this has
helped mask this error.

Bill

Bill