httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: fix t/ssl/http.t
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 17:30:21 GMT
At 11:04 AM 4/2/2002, Ryan wrote:

> > there is still a problem.  ssl is removed from c->output_filters, but
>not
> > r->output_filters.  mod_ssl does not have access to r->output_filters.
>
>Damn.  I thought I had fixed that.  You're right though, I couldn't fix
>that.  The only solution looks to be always adding the request to the
>filter structure when the request is passed down the chain.  That would
>suck though.   :-(

My suggestion is more of a chain-filter for r->output_filters, that simply
invokes c->output_filters.  This would allow us to drop all the confusion
of resetting the ->next filter members every time the first filter changes.
By using an ap_connection_filter() that simply dispatches over to the
c->output_filters chain, we break all the interdependencies and a lot
of opportunities for bugs to hide in that list maintenance code.

The same could be used to for proto_output_filters and other layers
that might someday be introduced.  It would spare us from rehacking
all that fixup code every time the schema has a minor addition.

Bill