httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.34 up-to-date wrt cvs HEAD
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 18:09:35 GMT
At 11:45 AM 4/1/2002, you wrote:
>On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 06:36:58PM -0800, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > If it's possible, I would like to get the perchild changes that I am
> > working on tonight into 2.0.34.  I am tired of the reports that perchild
> > doesn't compile.  :-)  I am hoping to have the whole thing working by
> > the end of the day.
>
>I'm not the RM, so it isn't up to me, but I'd prefer that we didn't
>include perchild in this tag/release. If it were more obvious that it
>is an experimental piece (by moving it to an experimental directory)
>then I'd be fine with any changes regardless of how much exposure the
>new changes have had.

MPMs should never exist in modules/.

I don't think a 'broken mpm' is any worse than an MPM that doesn't
compile at all.  But if you want to insist that --with-mpm=perchild yields
some sort of "This MPM is experimental -- it is not expected to work
at this time" ... that would be fine.

But I see no reason not to fold these fixes into 2.0.34 unless they start
touching files outside of server/mpm/perchild/

Bill