httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject [Patch] ap_soft_short_timeout() to http_main.c in 1.3
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:06:02 GMT
Hi all,

Got no response to this first time round - need some feedback on this
before I can commit it.

When proxy listens for a 100-continue response from a remote server, it
must only wait a short amount of time for a response - just in case it
connected to an HTTP/1.0 server that did not understand the Expect
header.

>>From what I understood of timeouts, a soft timeout is what I was looking
for, but ap_soft_timeout() has a 300 second timeout read from the config
file. This new function adds a "short" timeout of 5 seconds, after which
proxy will give up waiting for 100-continue and send the request body
instead.

My question is thus "am I doing the right thing here"?

The actual 100-continue patch to the proxy will be posted separately.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street