httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: REQUEST_CHUNKED_DECHUNK question
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:27:40 GMT
On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 04:39:18PM -0400, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> >From http_protocol.c...
>
> * 1. Call setup_client_block() near the beginning of the request
>  *    handler. This will set up all the necessary properties, and will
>  *    return either OK, or an error code. If the latter, the module should
>  *    return that error code. The second parameter selects the policy to
>  *    apply if the request message indicates a body, and how a chunked
>  *    transfer-coding should be interpreted. Choose one of
>  *
>  *    REQUEST_NO_BODY          Send 413 error if message has any body
>  *    REQUEST_CHUNKED_ERROR    Send 411 error if body without Content-Length
>  *    REQUEST_CHUNKED_DECHUNK  If chunked, remove the chunks for me.
>  *
>  *    In order to use the last two options, the caller MUST provide a buffer
>  *    large enough to hold a chunk-size line, including any extensions.
>  *
>
> Anyone know off the top of their head know what the last sentence really means? In 1.3
and
> 2.0?

FWIW, all of this code is essentially a no-op in 2.0 now since the
filters handle the chunking transparently.  Right now, there is no
way to get the chunks without bypassing the filters.  I assume we
could either setup a flag or the module needs to explicitly remove
HTTP_IN.  (Indeed, I believe that removing the HTTP_IN filter is
the best way to go if you want the real body.)  -- justin