httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Move perchild to experimental?
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 02:23:56 GMT
And copying the ,v files messes with history!

Damn. Will people just never realize this? Go and check out a copy of the
tree by date. Oh! it's fucked. Somebody copied a ,v file.

It isn't all about tags. Use add and rm, with a pointer in the initial
checkin comment to where the file came from (and where the history is).

Cheers,
-g

p.s. and yes, subversion rocks the world here, but IMO, we want to use that
to set up the "next" free-reign development tree. apache 1.3 and 2.0 will
stay in CVS for a while. (well, we could throw them at cvs2svn...)

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/