httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Volunteering to be RM, WAS: RE: Release 2.0.36
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:57:09 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> The reason I suggested a hold to Sander on account of the atomics
> is that we have a bunch of PRs relating to building atomics on
> Solaris that haven't been (yet) resolved.

Hold on a tic... I think I see it... On the systems that fail,
I bet they are using GNUas. If so, then ASCPP is 'gcc -E' and thus
the modification of apr_atomic_sparc.s to apr_atomic_sparc.S fails.
If not using GNUas, apr_atomic_sparc.S simply *is* apr_atomic_sparc.s.
So, the problem is what is it in apr_atomic_sparc.s that makes GNUas
barf.