httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Volunteering to be RM, WAS: RE: Release 2.0.36
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:42:28 GMT
On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 02:00:25PM +0200, Sander Striker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I volunteer to be RM for 2.0.36 (that is, if noone
> has a problem with that ;).
>
> I'm aware of the issues we still have in HEAD, which
> is why we need a tag and run that on daedalus.
>
> However, I'll hold of on the tag since there are
> probably going to be some file moves in the atomics
> section.  When that is done, we can tag.  The tag
> can be bumped for the worker fix (if it's not
> already in by then).

The reason I suggested a hold to Sander on account of the atomics
is that we have a bunch of PRs relating to building atomics on
Solaris that haven't been (yet) resolved.

I believe we could rethink how we are building the atomics to
make it a bit less troublesome.  I'd rather see us use CPU-based
defines rather than OS-based defines for those platforms where
the OS is of no help (Linux, Solaris, and old FreeBSD).

Personally, I don't care to spend any more time on the atomics
code.  If someone wants to see this included, I heartily suggest
that it should get fixed soon.  -- justin