httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/build fastgen.sh
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 18:20:31 GMT
On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 10:56:36AM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> WHAT?????  This patch removes an "annoying" trailing slash that doesn't
> hurt anything and instead inserts an if condition which means that this
> logic must essentially be maintained twice.  Is there a valid technical
> reason for this change, or is it personal preference?  If it's personal
> preference, then please back it out, this just makes maintenance harder.

IMHO, we should strive for being correct - adding extra slashes is
very sloppy behavior.  I'd prefer us to be not sloppy at the cost of
a little more maintenance - and really how often is this code changed?

I believe that the whole fastgen.sh code is an obstacle to maintaining
our build system.  It attempts to circumvent the autoconf code and
ends up hurting us more than it helps.  -- justin