httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Segfaults restarting on Linux with worker MPM
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 21:21:25 GMT
On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 02:16:59PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> Why are we cleaning up pchild before its threads exit?  Shouldn't
> we be doing a join on each thread - only after all threads exit
> do we exit the process and clean up pchild?

Because right now there is no way to gracelessly kill a thread that is
busy serving a long request.

Does this mean that we need to check a "workers_may_exit"-like flag
every time a syscall falls out with EINTR? This is kind of a problem,
since we've decided to disallow pthread_kill-like functionality in
APR (for good reason perhaps).

-aaron