httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Thom May <t...@planetarytramp.net>
Subject Re: connect to listener warning message
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 19:46:48 GMT
* David Hill (ddhill@zk3.dec.com) wrote :

> > "David Hill" <ddhill@zk3.dec.com> writes:
> >
> > > Jeff,

> > > Just got around to trying that (long queue, what with a brand new Apache
> 2
> > > to play with :-). Yes, the latest libtool installed 1.4.2 and the
> tarball
> > > builds without a hitch. I saw a thread in dev@ talking about trying to
> > > resync with the public lib tool. Hopefully the libtool sync will make it
> > > into the next spin of the tarball.
>
> Found another oddity.... not sure where this one comes from, but doing the
> ./buildconf results in a srclib/apr/Makefile with top_builddir set to
> nothing, which causes an error during install. Part of what I don't
> understand is that without running ./buildconf, the build results in
> top_builddir matching top_srcdir which means the the failing line in the
> install phase is going to copy the header files that the previous line just
> copied........

Sander and I were looking at this earlier today - it's yet another autoconf
2.53 "feature". Sander posted a diff to IRC that appears to be a workaround
for the problem, but the real fix appears to be along the lines of what you
suggest - we should always use the builddir unless it is unset. It should
eliminate a lot of redundancy, and be a bit more fail proof too.
Thoughts?
-Thom
--
Thom May -> thom@planetarytramp.net

The memory management on PowerPC can be used to frighten small children.
        -- Linus Torvalds