httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject MPM as DSO?
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:00:28 GMT
Aaron and I were talking over lunch yesterday and we were trying
to remember why MPM can't be DSOs.  What is the obstacle here?
The MPMs are internally modules, but they currently require a
recompile to change your MPM.  I'd like to change it so that they
are now available as DSOs instead.  Is this feasable?

Obviously, as long as APR is threaded, prefork and worker should be
interchangable.  If your APR isn't threadable, you can't use a
threaded MPM.  This also gives us an advantage by building all
of the MPMs and making it easier to live with binbuilds.  -- justin