httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: 2.0.35 for Darwin was Re: where to describe critical
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 17:37:43 GMT
Aaron Bannert wrote:
> I would be willing to spend more time with the primary developers to
> get wider and more up-to-date platform support. In that respect, we
> and the libtool developers have the same goals; and that effort would
> be lost if we branched our own libtool or started from scratch.

Except if libtool is overkill for what we need. Sure, I'm willing
to continue to try to "work" with the libtool developers, and hope
that we can come to a good working relationship. In the meantime,
I don't see the harm is doing a good review of what we are using
libtool for (is it just figuring out how to handle shared libs/DSOs?)
just in case... as mentioned, I'm sure there's not a consensus on
why exactly we're using libtool.
   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [|]