httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: 2.0.35 for Darwin was Re: where to describe critical
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 17:32:30 GMT
On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 01:23:47PM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Ryan Bloom wrote:
> >
> > I would HAPPILY contribute to a project to re-write libtool.  IMNSHO, it
> > is the absolute worst tool ever created.
> >

> Same here... :)

I wouldn't. I think libtool, for all it's troubles, saves us lots of
development time and hassles that we are just blind to. One of those
things that we only bitch at when it breaks. :)

I would be willing to spend more time with the primary developers to
get wider and more up-to-date platform support. In that respect, we
and the libtool developers have the same goals; and that effort would
be lost if we branched our own libtool or started from scratch.

-aaron