httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: where to describe critical OS-specific requirements
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 06:18:25 GMT
On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 02:13:12AM -0400, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> We've done this before, so +1 for /dist/httpd/httpd-2.0.35-darwin.tar.gz
>
> (Just to make it obvious, since darwin is AFAIK the primary audience for
> that tarball.  If we find other platforms that *need* that version of
> libtool, we'll just direct them to use the darwin version.)

You've just brought something important to my attention. We need to
start differenciating between our source and binary tarballs. I'd like
to propose that from now on we start using a new convention for our
source tarballs:

httpd-<ver>-<optional platform>-src.tar.gz

For example, the above would be:

httpd-2.0.25-darwin-src.tar.gz

I think this will save precious download time and headaches for newcomers
to our software.

-aaron