httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject 2.0.35 timeframe was Re: daedalus.apache.org security check output (fwd)
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 19:45:12 GMT
On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 09:04:35AM -0400, Greg Ames wrote:
> IMO httpd-2.0.35 was shoved out the door too quickly.  What happened to our "3
> days on daedalus" rule?  That's not important if we think it's time for a GA?

Well, I agree with you.  I think we should have been a bit more
conservative with a 2.0.35 release.  We waited long enough for
GA, we could easily have taken the three days on daedalus to ensure
we had a happy build.  We didn't, so we now need to accelerate
2.0.36 to cover segfaults that we've seen.

It's done though, so we can't much cry over spilt milk.  Let's move
on and deal with the issues we have with the code.

If I had been around and accessible to email, I probably would
have raised this concern as well.  But, I wasn't, so I can't
complain too hard - it got the three +1s and that's all it really
needed.  And, I do tend to be much more conservative on releases
than others.  *shrug*  -- justin