httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Libtool and OS/X.
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 07:52:10 GMT
Sander Temme brought up some valid points in Bugzilla about
using libtool from icarus for releasing.  FreeBSD's ports
are clinging to libtool-1.3.4 which doesn't work on OS X.
So, we have a build that doesn't work out of the box on OS X.

Can someone who knows what they are doing please add a release
note somewhere that OS X people should run ./buildconf before
trying to compile Apache 2.0.35?  This will yank in a
"hopefully" correct libtool.  (It comes with the Apple Developer
Kit, so if they have the OS's compiler, they have libtool and
autoconf.)

I've started a discussion in bugs 7823, 7824.  Feel free to
jump in there if you disagree/agree with me.

I'll try to go through the rest of the bugs and the enormous
amount of email whenever I wake up...  -- justin