httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: I WANT A GA release
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 19:14:44 GMT
At least there, it appears that we're allocating more space than
needed and then being saved by the fact that the string we're
copying in NULL terminated...

The first loop is allocating the array of pointer space and the
second is filling them in. It does look like the code assumes
a double NULL and depends on it. Having things stop after
the 1st NULL implies only one string, not an "unknown" number.

Agreed this is weird code.

Cliff Woolley wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Brad Nicholes wrote:
> > I will give it a run and let you know.
> The second loop in that function might have the same problem.  I'm trying
> to work through the whole thing on paper now and I'll let you know shortly
> what I find.
> --Cliff
>    Cliff Woolley
>    Charlottesville, VA