httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject REQUEST_CHUNKED_DECHUNK question
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 20:39:18 GMT
>From http_protocol.c...

* 1. Call setup_client_block() near the beginning of the request
 *    handler. This will set up all the necessary properties, and will
 *    return either OK, or an error code. If the latter, the module should
 *    return that error code. The second parameter selects the policy to
 *    apply if the request message indicates a body, and how a chunked
 *    transfer-coding should be interpreted. Choose one of
 *
 *    REQUEST_NO_BODY          Send 413 error if message has any body
 *    REQUEST_CHUNKED_ERROR    Send 411 error if body without Content-Length
 *    REQUEST_CHUNKED_DECHUNK  If chunked, remove the chunks for me.
 *
 *    In order to use the last two options, the caller MUST provide a buffer
 *    large enough to hold a chunk-size line, including any extensions.
 *

Anyone know off the top of their head know what the last sentence really means? In 1.3 and
2.0?

Being overly pedantic... setup_client_block() does not take a buffer as an argument so the
comment is non-sequiter. I assume this comment applies to the caller of
ap_get_client_block() in which case.... it seems that a client sending chunked data in a
POST could send arbitarily large chunks, so how is the caller to ap_get_client_block to
ever know how large a buffer to pass in?

Bill