httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Big memory leak in Windows...
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 19:37:13 GMT

> On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Bill Stoddard wrote:
>
> > I suspect apr_bucket_alloc_create() is called in the wrong place.
> > Working on it. SHould have a patch in 30 min or so.
>
> A semi-related question::
>
>    Should apr_bucket_alloc_create() be registering a cleanup on the pool
> that's passed into it so that apr_bucket_alloc_destroy() is called
> automatically when that pool dies?  I didn't do this before because I was
> hoping to get rid of the pool parameter to apr_bucket_alloc_create()
> entirely.  Right now we're not using it for anything.
>
> --Cliff

Cliff,
Let me know what you decide. If we are removing the pool param from
apr_bucket_alloc_create(), then I will add a cleanup in the Windows MPM.

BTW, my windows test bed (caching enabled) can serve a 500 byte file at well over 1000 rps
again (after many, many months of being in the hole). 460 rps w/o caching (compared to
something around 350 rps w/o caching in 1.3). It is good to see my Windows performance
improvements coming back out of the noise :-)

Bill