httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Hill" <ddh...@zk3.dec.com>
Subject Re: connect to listener warning message
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:22:36 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thom May" <thom@planetarytramp.net>
To: <dev@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: connect to listener warning message

> * David Hill (ddhill@zk3.dec.com) wrote :

Apache
> > 2
> > tarball
> >
> > Found another oddity.... not sure where this one comes from, but doing
the
> > ./buildconf results in a srclib/apr/Makefile with top_builddir set to
> > nothing, which causes an error during install. Part of what I don't
> > understand is that without running ./buildconf, the build results in
> > top_builddir matching top_srcdir which means the the failing line in the
> > install phase is going to copy the header files that the previous line
just
> > copied........
>
> Sander and I were looking at this earlier today - it's yet another
autoconf
> 2.53 "feature". Sander posted a diff to IRC that appears to be a
workaround
> for the problem, but the real fix appears to be along the lines of what
you
> suggest - we should always use the builddir unless it is unset. It should
> eliminate a lot of redundancy, and be a bit more fail proof too.
> Thoughts?

If you are suggesting adding a simple check to the Makefile to test if
top_builddir is set before doing the copy, then I am fine with that. If you
are suggesting dropping the top_srcdir copy and only doing hte top_builddir
copy, then there may be an issue.... as that is currently where I am getting
at least one copy of the include files installed into the output tree

Dave