httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: 2.0.35 for Darwin was Re: where to describe critical
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 14:13:26 GMT

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> >
> > Ryan, if you look into the archives, you'll see that I tried (several times)
> > to submit patches to the LibTool team... And version is still 1.4.2...
> >

> AFAIK, the *only* one who has been successful in getting *anything* folded
> into libtool has been Sascha... I have no idea why. Every else's
> submissions seem to wind up in a black hole.

It's the same reason we let patches to the http server fall into the black hole.  When we
get a patch from someone we do not know (and trust) and the patch is not scratching an
active developer itch, it generally gets ignored (unfortunate but true). Sascha has earned
some level of trust with the libtool dev team. It would be really good if someone from our
team spent some time earning the trust of the libtool dev team, and perhaps being invited
in as a committer :-)

Bill