httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/generators mod_autoindex.c
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 19:40:44 GMT
> rbb@apache.org wrote:
> >
> > rbb         02/04/05 09:50:37
> >
> >   Modified:    modules/generators mod_autoindex.c
> >   Log:
> >   This is a HACK!
>
> Why would it be difficult for the core to preserve OLD_WRITE in the
subreq
> filter chain?  We knew how to do that in 2.0.32.  One would hope we
get
> smarter
> as we get more experienced.

Because in pre-2.0.32 code, fast_internal_redirects didn't remove all of
the RESOURCE filters.  It does now, because that is the correct thing to
do.  The problem is that there is one RESOURCE filters that we want to
keep, OLD_WRITE.  I had thought about just having the core do this, but
that gets ugly quickly, because the bug is incredibly specific to having
a fast_internal_redirect inside of a content generator.

Ryan