httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Problem in worker MPM?
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2002 11:51:51 GMT
This snip of code is in start_threads.  The idea is to scan the scoreboard and find slots
that have freed up to reuse for the new worker thread.  What happens if a child segfaults
and leaves bogus status in the ap_scoreboard_image->servers[][i].status field? I quickly
glanced at the parent process code and did not see anything that detected a child abnormal
death and reset the scoreboard for that child. Perhaps I just overlooked it... (I don't
have a lot of time to hack code today...)

 while (1) {
        /* ap_threads_per_child does not include the listener thread */
        for (i = 0; i < ap_threads_per_child; i++) {
            int status = ap_scoreboard_image->servers[child_num_arg][i].status;

            if (status != SERVER_GRACEFUL && status != SERVER_DEAD) {
                continue;
            }
<snip>
           /* We let each thread update its own scoreboard entry.  This is
             * done because it lets us deal with tid better.
             */
            rv = apr_thread_create(&threads[i], thread_attr,
                                   worker_thread, my_info, pchild);