httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: Bumping tags
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 08:30:52 GMT
> > It looks like you picked up practically all the changes.  Why not just
> > retag 2.0.37?

I'm +1 for this...

> You mean, tag HEAD as 2.0.37?
> I didn't want to do that since there were changes I didn't want in there.
> Practically all the changes is just about right ;)

Well then why are the patches in the tree??? I'm not sure I like the idea of
tagging and then tagging just some files. Seems like if we haven't got a
stable HEAD we shouldn't be tagging. We got into this whole business of
tagging often as a way of avoiding having this sort of thing. Ifw e tagged
and it wasn't stable, who cares. Just retag when it is and move on...

This seems to be a growing trend and one I think we should stop.

david