httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Bloom" <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: Big memory leak in Windows...
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 19:43:18 GMT
> From: Bill Stoddard [mailto:bill@wstoddard.com]
> > On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> >
> > > I suspect apr_bucket_alloc_create() is called in the wrong place.
> > > Working on it. SHould have a patch in 30 min or so.
> >
> > A semi-related question::
> >
> >    Should apr_bucket_alloc_create() be registering a cleanup on the
pool
> > that's passed into it so that apr_bucket_alloc_destroy() is called
> > automatically when that pool dies?
> No I don't think so. The callwe of apr_bucket_alloc_create() can
register
> a cleanup
> against the proper pool but this is not something
apr_bucket_alloc_create
> should do
> (because, as you mention, apr_bucket_alloc_create() does not really
need a
> pool.)

But that means that person who creates the bucket_alloc also needs to
register the cleanup.  It would be much cleaner to just pass in the
pool, and let the code that is creating the bucket_alloc_t register the
cleanup.  It frees the person creating the bucket_alloc_t from having to
remember to register the cleanup.  I know I would personally forget to
do it every time I wrote bucket code.

Ryan