httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 1.3.24-dev new warning...
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 14:55:04 GMT
At 10:42 PM -0600 3/7/02, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>C:\clean\apache-1.3\src\modules\proxy\proxy_util.c(565)
>  : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
>
>            n = ap_bread(f, buf, MIN(buf_size, len - total_bytes_rcvd));
>
>Whoever is hacking in proxy, feel free to correct.
>
>[The only other emits according to win32 are FD_SET obscurity.]
>
>Bill

Hmmm... I don't see this. No doubt it's a size_t/off_t issue and
whether (for example) one might be an unsigned long and the other
a signed quad. Hmm. We do some widest int calcs in ap_snprintf. Maybe it
would make sense to move that knowledge to a header file for use by
other code. Then we could then use casts for the above...