httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <>
Subject Re: Bugzilla projects setup...
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2002 18:17:32 GMT
Marc Slemko <> writes:

> It is absolutely necessary that bug reports and changes to bug reports
> are sent to the bugs mailing list.
> Bugzilla's "default" model of just assigning them to someone and having
> that person responsible for dealing with them (or having to have someone
> to out and hunt for bug reports to see if there is anything of interest)
> is completely inappropriate for our development process...

I personally would prefer that we don't switch to bugzilla until bug
reports and changes to them go to the bugs mailing list.  I hesitate
to agree with Marc's "absolutely necessary" language, though thinking
practically it seems very possible that it is "absolutely necessary"
if I am to be able to work as effectively with bugzilla bug reports as
I am with gnats bug reports.  This is just a statement of my own
preferred way to find out about bugs and whether or not anybody is
working on them.

Jeff Trawick |
Born in Roswell... married an alien...

View raw message