httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/generators mod_cgi.c mod_cgid.c
Date Sun, 31 Mar 2002 00:46:02 GMT
Thom May <thom@planetarytramp.net> writes:

> This change appears to have broken some cgі scripts - cricket
> <http://cricket.sourceforge.net/> worked fine in 2.0.33 but in 2.0.34 and
> 35-dev:
>
> [Sat Mar 30 15:20:03 2002] [error] [client 192.168.0.34] malformed header
> from
: /usr/lib/cgi-bin/cricket/grapher.cgi

> Cheers,
> -Thom

I don't really see how.  The code executed was completely unchanged
except when nph is set.  nph should only be set for a nph script --
one that starts with nph-.

That message "malformed header" makes me wonder if a recent change to
avoid reading one byte at a time broke it.  Look at Brian Pane's (I
think it was him) recent commit to change the way we read headers from
the CGI script.  Maybe there is a connection between that change and
the breakage of your cgi.

If you have a simple example I'm willing to debug.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...