httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject proxy busted
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 03:07:59 GMT
a little bit of debug info in case it saves anybody some time:

Input filters for the fake request_rec used by proxy aren't getting
set up right.

ap_proxy_http_process_response() calls ap_proxy_make_fake_req() to set
up a request_rec to be passed to ap_getline().

ap_proxy_make_fake_req() sets r->input_filters to c->input_filters
(which ends up being core_input_filter), then calls
proxy_run_create_req(), which gets us to core_create_req().  But when
we're done with that, we end up with just the net_time filter and no
core_input_filter.    core_req() adds the net_time filter with a call
to ap_add_input_filter_handle().

The loss of core_input_filter is (I think) done by
add_any_filter_handle() with the logic

    if (frec->ftype < AP_FTYPE_CONNECTION && (*r_filters == *c_filters)) {
        *r_filters = *p_filters;
    }

But I guess the problem is a misuse of r->proto_input_filters
vs. r->input_filters on this path???

zzz
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...