httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: PR 9785, SIGBUS with ExtendedStatus in scoreboard.c
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 15:46:45 GMT
Aaron Bannert <aaron@clove.org> writes:

> Could this be what's causing the SIGBUS? My current theory is that
> there's a size mismatch betwen ws->conn_bytes (an apr_off_t) and
> the (unsigned long) that only shows up on word-alignment-picky
> chips like sparcs.

I'm bombing today on Solaris/sparc trying to do

  ap_scoreboard_image->global->restart_time = apr_time_now()

That field lives at 0x14 from the start of the page.  I would suppose
that there are alignment requirements that we aren't maintaining.
ap_scoreboard_image->global is at 0x4 from the start of the page.
Does anybody know about any documentation on alignment requirements?
Should the shared memory code return storage on 8-byte alignment?

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...